Since we are still focussing on the intestines, I thought it would be nice to give a recipe that is good and also calming for the intestines.
For 4 persons you need:
- 2 liters of chicken stock
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 shredded onion
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 200 gram basmati rice
- 3 spring onions cut into rings
- 1 finely chopped red pepper
- 500 grams of bean sprouts
- The juice of 1 lime
- 4 tablespoons of fried onions.
- Bring the stock to a boil. Add the chicken, onion and garlic. Take the chicken out of the pan and let the rest boil for another 10 minutes.
- Then add the rice and stir regularly. Pull the chickenbreast with two forks into strips.
- Then add the white part of the spring onion, the red pepper, the bean sprouts and the lime juice to the soup.
- Divide the soup over the bowls, add the chicken strips and sprinkle with the fried onions.
There are very many recipe to make congee; this is just one possibility. You can use the congee for every meal. I use congee for breakfast.
Enjoy your meal!