A good and helpful exercise for the winter, is the chest opener and it goes as follows.
- Stand up straight
- Your feet are hip width, feet firmly on the ground, toes pointing forward
- Place your hands on your low back, fingers are closed and pointed downward, thumbs stand more or less in your sides
- Bring your elbows toward each other
- Bend your knees a little
- Bend backward, gently push your hips forward and your chin goes toward your chest
- Now breathe in your abdomen, deeply and gently.
Sometimes your body might start shaking. Just allow it and breathe.
Come back up when you feel it is enough.
This simple exercise can be done as many times as you like. It will give lungs more breathing space and it releases tension as well.
Have fun experimenting with this exercise and if you feel like it, let me know how your are doing with this exercise. Just hit the contact button.